Monday, January 22, 2018

Glenn Greenwald’s Take On Russia-Gate

With Tucker Carlson on Fox News in October 2017.

Simon van Zuylen-Wood, NYMag: Does This Man Know More Than Robert Mueller?

Glenn Greenwald’s war on the Russia investigation.

It’s 10:45 p.m. Rio de Janeiro time. Glenn Greenwald and I are finishing dinner at a deserted bistro in Ipanema. The restaurant, which serves its sweating beer bottles in metal buckets and goes heavy on the protein, is almost aggressively unremarkable (English menus on the table, a bossa-nova version of “Hey Jude” on the stereo). Greenwald avoids both meat and alcohol but seems to enjoy dining here. “I really believe that if I still lived in New York, the vast majority of my friends would be New York and Washington media people and I would kind of be implicitly co-opted.” He eats a panko-crusted shrimp. “It just gives me this huge buffer. You’ve seen how I live, right? When I leave my computer, that world disappears.”

Read more ....

WNU Editor: I have been posting Glenn Greenwald’s work for years .... starting with the Edward Snowden NSA revelations. And while I usually disagree with what he writes, I will concede that he is never boring.

No comments: